Why hello, there! If you’ve found this place you’re probably wondering how to add me (or someone else) as an approved sender on your Kindle Device and/or Kindle app. Lucky for you, I’ve broken this out into 10 easy to follow steps. It sounds more confusing than it really is.
How to add an approved sender to your Kindle device or app:
- Head on over to Amazon.com and log into your account.
- Hover over the Accounts & Lists header in the upper right hand side of the navigation until the menu drops down.
- Select “Your Content and Devices.”
- Open up the “Settings” tab (the last one on the right).
- Expand the “Personal Document Settings” header.
- Scroll down to “Approved Personal Document E-mail List”
- Select the last link at the bottom that says “Add a new approved email address” and a pop-up window with a field box will appear.
- Type in the email address of the sender (in my case you’ll want to simply use @gmail.com which will allow any gmail.com email address to send you the book file) and click the yellow “Add Address” button.
- A “success” message will appear, and you’ll now see the new email address generate in the list of approved senders for your Kindle device/app.
- After the file is sent to your kindle device/app, be sure to sync your kindle so the new file appears as content for you to read. If you don’t see it on the main page of your device, check out the “Docs” folder as some version of Kindle will automatically file the title here.
Make sense?! I sure hope so!
If something isn’t working right or if you have any questions, please let me know!