It’s almost summer time!!! Which means in a few weeks, you can find me by the pool with my kindle in hand.
When I was little, I always had a summer reading list for school. And brace yourself for this confession … I LOATHED reading. I enjoyed writing, but the notion of sitting down and reading, especially when I could be outside playing with my friends in the sunshine, really annoyed me. There were a few books that drew me in … mostly Nancy Drew and a few Baby Sitters Club titles. But on the whole, it wasn’t until high school and college that I started reading for enjoyment … and actually enjoying it.
So in the spirit of a few decades ago, I’ve marked out my intended summer reads … (I’m sure I’ll have plenty more as my friends share ARCs of their upcoming releases).
- Every Breath You Take by Faith Andrews … you guys. THIS BLURB. I cannot wait to dive into this one (and yes … I have an advance copy with my name on it … thanks, Faith!). But the line “there’s a delicate line between love and obsession” is enough to make my hand my money over willingly for this book!!
- Sundays are for Hangovers by JD Hollyfield and K. Webster … if ever there were a cowriting power couple that I’d want to grab drinks with and hit up a drag show (or something equally awesome), it’d be these ladies. I’ve read a few of their books and they always leave me in stitches.
- The Road To Finding Me by SM Broad … you never know what to expect when you pick up a book by a debut author, but I’ve been fortunate enough to read bits and pieces of this one already and I’m hooked. I can’t wait to grab the final product!
- The Kissing Booth by Beth Reekles … I am already beyond smitten with this storyline. I watched the Netflix movie of The Kissing Booth last week and was grinning the whole damn time because it was such a fabulous feel-good tale. I’m itching to read the original story, which was written when Beth was only 17 years old. SEVENTEEN!!!!
- Sorority by Genevieve Sly Crane … as a former leader in the Greek community at The University of Kansas, I’m intrigued to see just how much of this book is based on fact and just how much is fiction. Because LET ME TELL YOU … there is so much drama that goes on in a sorority house.
- Where Good Girls Go To Die by Holly Renee … I know nothing about this book. But that title and that cover and that blurb? I’m a goner. I one-clicked this sucker without second thought. And from the looks of the reviews, it won’t disappoint.
- A Thousand Reasons by Mariah Dietz … New Adult books make me stupidly happy. It was such an awesome age to experience first-hand and I love books that transport me back to those same emotions and situations. This one releases late June, but I’m crossing my crosssables that Mariah will indulge me early.
- The Idea of You by Robinne Lee … I’ve been seeing this book everywhere! And a few friends have made the recommendation, so let’s see what the buzz is about.
Beyond this, I’ll be doing a bunch of work on two books. So tell me … what’s on your summer reading list? Leave a comment below and let me know!